Kittie Howard


Sunday, November 6, 2011

Birth Announcement

On Friday, November 5, 2011, at 11:32 PM, Eastern Standard Time (U.S.), Remy Broussard entered the world!  A few hours ago, Remy left Kindle's nursery (draft) and is walking and talking on his own and is available for purchase on Kindle.


Click HERE and you'll meet Remy.


OMG, I'm published.  Wheeeeee!


Rachel Morgan designed the outfit (cover)  Remy would wear as he couldn't walk around in his birthday suit. She also prepared the delivery room (format) with such meticulous care and dedication my little push at the end was easy.

Rachel blogged about formatting elements a bit earlier.  Please drop by (click link above) for e-pub details that could help you. Rachel's very kind and generous and only said she 'helped a friend'!  I'm here to shout it from the roof tops that without Rachel's extraordinary talents, Remy would still be in the womb.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you, Rachel!

At about 14,000 words, Remy's short.

"Remy Broussard's Christmas" will be $3.99. (I hear you gasp!)

Although I've been under a rock (at the computer non-stop) for a few weeks, I'm fully aware of discussions in Blogville about how much an e-pub should cost.  I didn't weigh in because I had to give the matter some thought, not only because I knew Remy was in the chute, but because I'm new at this and lacked a point of reference. (Hope this makes sense.)

Well, a quick break for a hamburger did the trick.  (Didn't have time to cook, so slipped into fast foods.  I'm pretty much a health nut, but something had to give so time could open up.)

I paid $5.99 for a Whopper, fries, and a drink.  The burger line at a nearby food court was long.  I could have gone to the much, much line for a huge slice of pizza for less than $2.00 and free water, but, no, I waited because I wanted a Whopper.

Okay, I enjoyed the burger, am blessed with good cholesterol numbers (and rarely eat burgers, actually) and left the food court quite happy.

On the way home, I got to thinking, hmmm, why should fast food cost more than an e-pub that required a zillion HOURS to write???  Something's not right here, I thought.

I knew, from a link Rachel had sent, that pricing at $2.99 pushed the envelope.  So, hmmm, a decision loomed:  Did I want to push the envelope or open the envelope?

Me being me, I decided to open the envelope and priced Remy at $3.99.  I fully realize this affects number sales but am willing to take the hit to touch a larger issue.  I think indie books are priced waaaaaay too low but think pricing should be fair.  As far as I'm concerned, people who can afford to purchase fast food can afford to purchase an e-pub.

Kindle allows sharing for 14 days, i.e,  a reader who purchases Remy can share with countless friends during that period.  That's a pretty good deal.  Imagine sharing a burger with friends for 14 days!

More about the lessons Remy taught me another day.  Right now, I've got household stuff to do *groans* and Remy's dad will call soon. *smiles at the thought*  Dad's in the Middle East on a business trip, not anywhere near harm's way, and is popping buttons on his shirt he's so proud.








No comments: